Note that this page currently includes affiliate and referral links. I offer non-tracking links to each type almost everywhere they appear.
- Street x Sprezza by Ethan Wong (instagram)
- Put This On
- The Choosy Beggar for sample sales in NYC.
- Permanent Style
- Die, Workwear!
- Affordabel Earl
- The Rake
- Styleforum Journal
- usuallywhatimdressed.in -- /u/dom_kennedy's lazy luxury, rubbed in your face.
- @dresscodemenswear -- Hey, that's me!
- @blazerformen -- it's a retailer, but their photography is what you want.
- @garmsville, the one and only Jason Jules.
Helpful Reddit Posts
Your Favorite ___ for $___ -- a series of megathreads that crowdsource brand recommendations at a variety of price points, with open discussion around each.
- Tim Dessaint
- Sartorial Talks
- The Modest Man
- Gentleman's Gazette -- watch for information, not for style
- The Kavalier
- Kirby Allison -- watch if you have way more money than you want.
- Trenton & Heath -- cobblers discussing shoes
- Spier and Mackay
- Kent Wang
- Supply & Advise
- Mr. Porter (non-tracking link)
- No Man Walks Alone
- The Armoury
- The Rake (non-tracking link) -- mentioned above in the "blogs" section, the Rake is a magazine, first, with a great menswear store on its website.
- Brooks Brothers. Black Fleece and Golden Fleece are their best. 1818 and mainline are solid. Red Fleece is a bit of a diffusion line. Priced for sales across the board, so know what you're doing before you go in. Exception: Any shoes made by Alden or Crockett and Jones are great, even at their full prices (which are not low), but get really exciting whenever they're on sale. Most BB dress shoes are quite good.
- Charles Tyrwhitt --
- Twillory (non-tracing link) -- the affiliate link here should give you two shirts for the price of one, plus a free gift.
- Black Lapel (non-tracking link) -- MTM shirting. The referral link here should give you $25 off.
- Proper Cloth -- more MTM shirting.
- Alton Lane (non-tracking link). More MTM shirting. The referral link here should give you some kind of discount, but they change it around.
- Portuguese Flannel -- more casual shirting, mostly very slim.
- Gitman Vintage -- more casual shirting.
- Beckett Simonon -- Affiliate Link || Regular Link
- J. FitzPatrick -- say Daniel Hakimi sent you in the notes if you want to give me some points with the Shoe Snob himself.
- Spier and Mackay
- Black Lapel -- Referral Link || Regular Link || My Review
- Alton Lane -- Referral Link || Regular Link -- note that, while Alton Lane uses nice fabrics, their suiting is all half-canvassed, so I would not recommend going past their $600 tier.
- Pini Parma, for the Europeans in the crowd.
- Drake's -- known especially for their neckwear.
More Affiliate Links
I have not worked with these brands yet, and can't say much about the value. At least one of them has told me they'd send me some stuff to review if you click on them, though, so I'm going to leave them here, and you're going to react in some way. These are all affiliate links.
- Koio -- high-end sneaker brand with a CP-alternative, a chunky sneaker, and a few other styles.
- Public Rec -- Techwear/Athleisure. Made in Peru. Some pieces use Pima Cotton and Lyocell, which is promising.
- Mott and Bow -- performancey denim. Some following on YouTube. This link gives 10% off to first time customers.
- Paige Denim -- has a reputation for extreme comfort, not so much for longevity.
- Peter Millar -- higher-end golf/dad vibes.
- Andrew Marc -- I feel like youtubers like them...